- The first step in ordering anything is the hardest – make contact. Let me know what you’re interested in, and we’ll start a dialog towards making it just right, just for you.
- The first choice will be colors. Don’t go crazy on colors, in most cases 3 is plenty. Just because a kite has 18 panels, 9 colors are not needed. You’ll find a color chart at the bottom of this page.
- Once you’ve told me your color preferences, I’ll do some drawings of different layouts based on them.
- new: The posted price for a custom kite includes one set of color combinations (usually 4-6 variations), and one refinement/revision. I reserve the right to charge for additional time, be it drawing, phone or email.
- Please don’t be offended if I suggest alternatives.
- While I’m happy to honor any reasonable request for alternative sail or framing materials, please note that all conceivable combinations have not been tested and are offered at the customer’s risk and expense. Substitutions may result in some change in the way the kite performs. These changes may be better or worse, but there is no way to tell without testing. I’ll gladly work with you to meet your needs. Again, please don’t be offended if I say no.
- I’ll give you an estimated schedule when we finalize your order. Please keep in mind that I’m a one-man operation. Unfortunately, sometimes things happen, and schedules change. I’ll make every effort to keep you updated to significant changes or delays.
- I’ll send an invoice when I’m ready to start your kite. The invoice will display the full amount, but only 50% is due at this stage.
- Payment is due upon receipt of your invoice, 50% when I start your kite, and the balance (including shipping) before it goes in the box.
- I reserve the right to ask for a non-refundable deposit upon ordering of custom kites. Any such deposit will secure your place on the build schedule and will be applied to the total due.
- When I have a firm handle on the completion date, I’ll send out a “reminder” for the balance on your invoice. This is a change that reflects the nature of a one-man operation and the inherent delays and distractions.
- I will do my best to honor agreed-upon build specifications and provide scheduling and completion updates. Please keep in mind that things do sometimes come up that are out of our control. I understand that this goes both ways. If you find this on your end, please let me know as soon as possible, so that I may adjust schedules and change plans.
- I accept credit cards through PayPal. You do not need to be a PayPal member to use their payment system.
- Please note that paying through PayPal with a method other than credit card or funded PayPal account, i.e. e-check or bank transfer, may delay shipment of your order by as much as 7-10 days. I welcome your use of these methods, but please tell me when you place your order, so that the time lag may be built into the scheduling.
- If you prefer to pay by check or money order, or need special help, please contact me and I’ll be happy to help you.
- Nothing leaves here until payment in full is physically in my bank account.
- North Carolina customers – NC sales tax will be added to your total.
- If you have any questions about your order, please email or give me a call at (828) 292-6894
- My normal shipping method is USPS priority mail. Packages will be insured for full value. If you prefer another shipping option, please let me know, but be aware that addition handling charges my apply.
- International customers – I ship kites internationally via U.S. Postal Service express mail. The law requires me to declare full value for customs on packages.
- You will receive an email with shipping info when your kite is ready to go out.
Available Icarex fabric colors
Please note that colors may appear differently on your monitor. Yes, the two oranges are identical here, but the neon is very vibrant in real life. These are the colors I try to keep on hand, but availability varies.