Guests - Welcome, thanks for checking us out, it's good to have you here! Please consider joining our little community by clicking on the 'register' link in the header. This will allow you to see attached images, join in the discussions, and take advantage of upcoming members-only features.

Adding yoyo stops

Need to make a repair and need help? Have an idea for modifying your kite?
TubaKite
alt. name: Gene Syen

Adding yoyo stops

Post by TubaKite »

I am extremely hesitant to do any permanent modifications to my sails, which is why I tried HQ JoJo stoppers in both my Mamba STD and UL. The 6mm ones worked well on the UL (clipped on the ULE over the sail), but they slide around and I eventually lost one. The 8mm ones (the largest HQ makes) barely fit the STD.

What are people preferred style yoyo stopper? And what is the recommended method of adding them. I know I'll likely have to put a hole in the sail to zip tie the stoppers in place, but do you need to remove the frame to do so?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated,

Gene

jdenz

Re: Adding yoyo stops

Post by jdenz »

My personal favourite would be EXEL connectors.

Wicked easy to add to any existing leading edge for all sizes. You'd need to punch a hole for the cable tie, but certainly no need to remove the frame. Other options would be Lam‘s Sky Claws, but they are harder to implement.

I‘m happy to send you some if you like.

TubaKite
alt. name: Gene Syen

Re: Adding yoyo stops

Post by TubaKite »

jdenz,
Thanks for the offer, but I think I can get those easily enough from kites and fun things. I'll give them a try.