Guests - Welcome, thanks for checking us out, it's good to have you here! Please consider joining our little community by clicking on the 'register' link in the header. This will allow you to see attached images, join in the discussions, and take advantage of upcoming members-only features.
Please take a couple of minutes and read the forum rules in this section.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 63
- Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:39 pm
- Location: Lenoir, NC USA
- alt. name: kmac
- Although it's not required, I ask that you consider using at least your real first name, as part of your forum identity. You can use it either as your user/sign-in name or add it to your profile as an 'alt. name' in your user control panel (UCP). I feel strongly that it's a simple point of connection that helps build a community.
- Set up your notifications, profile and account settings - The place to start is by clicking on your name at the right of the menu bar in the header, and select user control panel. From there you can control a lot of the interactive functions of the forum, and the way you'd like to present yourself to the world!
- Treat forum members courteously and respect other people's opinions. The other part of that is to not accept being treated rudely or dismissively. Stay true to yourself and your convictions, but remain open-minded and inquisitive. A good forum is a dialogue, not a collection of monologues.
- When trying to find out how to do something, either about the forum or something about kites, ask your question on the forum, not in a private message. That way, everybody benefits from the exchange of information.
- Private message (PM) is the place for personal discussions and chat, not the forum. Making lunch plans with a buddy? Take it to PM. Making lunch plans for a group or event? Use the forum.
- Don't be a putz. When a newbie asks for the 100th time how to tie a larks head, if you have nothing better to say than 'use the search', keep it to yourself. That person we're rude to, or dismissive of, is potentially a life-long and valuable member of our community.
- Please stay on topic. While it's easy to wander off topic unintentionally, if your post is going to change the topic or direction, consider starting a new thread.
- Don't confuse high post counts with having something to say.
- Posts discussing politics, religion, and any form of hate speech or discriminating behavior are not acceptable and will be removed.
- Please, a note in a post on the forum does not constitute an order. Please drop me an e-mail or call.