Posting photo thumbnails

This board is for discussing all things BMK, including the website, shop, and forum. Do you have an idea for making something better on the website? Do you have a question about how to do something on the forum? Are there things you'd like to see added to the shop?
bob matteo
alt. name: MtnFlyer

Posting photo thumbnails

Post by bob matteo »

I've been trying to figure out how to post an image thumbnail that links to the full-size image in one of my google albums. A straight URL link to the image is easy but ugly. Trials using the nested URL and img tags didn't seem to work and I can't seem to find any reference to the old GWTW forum BBCode being available where a size tag would auto-resize a larger image. I have read through the BBCode help file.

I've seen images listed in posts as "attachments" but don't know what the requirements and/or restrictions might be.

Does anyone have any experience with this or another way to post an image from google albums?

ken mcneill
Site Admin
alt. name: kmac

Re: Posting photo thumbnails

Post by ken mcneill »

Bob, do you mean something like this?
Unless you actually want people to go to your storage page, just click the image icon in the tool bar and insert the image URL. The system makes a thumbnail that will open in a lightbox.

ken mcneill
Site Admin
alt. name: kmac

Post by ken mcneill »

The size limit for uploading images as an attachment is 256KB, and max of 6 files per post. (3 per PM)
g8131.jpg
gnomies.png

Allen Carter
alt. name: kitehead

Post by Allen Carter »

Images are the major downside to forums like this. It’s the re-sizing that’s a hassle.

Not really a biggie for me on a laptop, but No easy way to do it on a phone.

Modern social media apps take whatever you throw at them and resize to whatever their standard is.

bob matteo
alt. name: MtnFlyer

Post by bob matteo »

Ken, the lightbox is exactly what I was looking for.

A quick try with a couple of my Mambas...

Later -- No joy. The straight links which do work are
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Sq72somuJ4pbSiT66

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TJwZCiJiQ2sTzMNt6
Last edited by bob matteo on Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.