Forum updates and new features

This board is for discussing all things BMK, including the website, shop, and forum. Do you have an idea for making something better on the website? Do you have a question about how to do something on the forum? Are there things you'd like to see added to the shop?
ken mcneill
Site Admin
alt. name: kmac

Forum updates and new features

Post by ken mcneill »

I've installed an extension to allow members to be tagged/mentioned in a post. The best way to use this will be to draw that member's attention to a post, much like on Facebook. Tagged members will get a notification, which can be managed in the user control panel.

The tool requires use of the user name. To use, type @, immediately followed by at least the first letter of the member's username, which should prompt a drop-down of choices. Please use this judiciously!

Let's try this, and I hope a couple of you will indulge me. @kmac_testing @inewham @Allen Carter

inewham
alt. name: Ian Newham

Re: Member mention (tagging)

Post by inewham »

I got a notification to say I was mentioned
Thats cool :thumbup:

ken mcneill
Site Admin
alt. name: kmac

Re: Uploaded 'stock' avatars

Post by ken mcneill »

Added a few stock avatars of the comics variety. You can upload your very own avatar, which will be resized to 128x128px by the system, so you don't have to. Or you can use one from the gallery.

To set an avatar, click your name in the header > click user control panel > click profile > click edit avatar from the list on the left. From there, you can select to upload an avatar image or select one from the gallery.