Website feedback & help?

This board is for discussing all things BMK, including the website, shop, and forum. Do you have an idea for making something better on the website? Do you have a question about how to do something on the forum? Are there things you'd like to see added to the shop?
ken mcneill
Site Admin
alt. name: kmac

Website feedback & help?

Post by ken mcneill »

Can I get a bit of feedback on the changes I've made to the Tsuru page on the website? Added some copy below the 'read more' link, as well as general layout and styling changes.

In the 'specs' tabs, I've set the first tab to be for performance characteristics, which would go something like:

Pull: firm to medium-hard
Spin: inside wingtip
Noise: light buzz at higher speeds
Forward speed: medium to medium-fast
Speed control: very good
Etc:
Etc:

What other characteristics are important to you in the decision process? Any thoughts or suggestions?

inewham
alt. name: Ian Newham

Re: Website feedback & help?

Post by inewham »

Looks good but I honestly didnt notice the read more link :oops: maybe make it a bit more obvious for tired old eyes

ken mcneill
Site Admin

Post by ken mcneill »

inewham wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:19 pm
Looks good but I honestly didnt notice the read more link :oops: maybe make it a bit more obvious for tired old eyes
Thanks Ian. Made it bold and gave it an underline. A little better.(?) Any suggestions for the 'performance' tab in the specs block?

inewham
alt. name: Ian Newham

Post by inewham »

Generally a good thing but some things are subjective - I've never considered your kites to be hard pulling (so medium rather than medium-hard) and the ones I've flown only buzz when pushing the limits.
Sometimes its tempting to tell a customer all the downsides so they're not disappointed but don't sell yourself short

ken mcneill
Site Admin

Post by ken mcneill »

Thanks. I left a little noise in there as the wind picks up. The leech line is only tightened enough to take up the slack and control humidity growth of the nylon, but no additional tension. I like a little sound for a performance kite, especially in pairs or team applications. The trick boys complained about the pull, but they were a little whiney to begin with. ;) (Just kidding guys, you know I love ya)