Guests - Welcome, thanks for checking us out. It's good to have you here! Please consider joining our little community by clicking on the 'register' link in the header. This will allow you to see attached images, join in the discussions, and take advantage of upcoming members-only features.

Pre-Order Info

jaybee

Pre-Order Info

Post by jaybee »

I've been checking the forum on a regular basis for info on the process after a pre-order has been made. When will all be revealed? Itching to play with the colorizer. It's been a long long time.

Jay

ken mcneill
Site Admin
alt. name: kmac

Re: Pre-Order Info

Post by ken mcneill »

jaybee wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:29 pm
I've been checking the forum on a regular basis for info on the process after a pre-order has been made. When will all be revealed? Itching to play with the colorizer. It's been a long long time.
Jay
Yes, it has been a while, Jay. Good to have you back!
I wrote on the pre-order pages that I would be in touch about the details and particulars after the Labor Day weekend. Since I'm not going to be on the road this weekend, I should be starting getting in touch a little early, probably Monday, the 7th.

I no longer publish a colorizer. I've become a little particular about the way my kites look. The whole custom order process is outlined on the custom orders page. The colorizer, I wrote about in my first blog post back in 2013.

Since the range of Icarex colors is so small, I'll normally ask for two colors, a primary and an accent. In most cases, the balance of the pattern will be filled out in greyscale colors - black, grays, and white. Give me a couple of days, and I'll write all of this up more clearly, with illustrations and arrows and stuff. In the meantime, I've attached a couple of images that will show patterns for the Tsūru, along with a handful of the Tsūru drawings I've done over the last couple of months. (click image to enlarge)
tsuru_patterns.png
tsuru_grp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jaybee

Re: Pre-Order Info

Post by jaybee »

Thanks for the info.

I figured that details such as the build queue and payment dates would be next week.

Even though I never came up with a color scheme without your input, I still enjoyed the colorizer.

Hopefully purple will be an option.

Looking forward to this kite.

Jay