At last...

inewham
alt. name: Ian Newham

At last...

Post by inewham »

I received My Tsuru at the end of Nov. but callout, foul weather, Covid lockdown and even Derbyshire police camping on the entrance to local parks has meant I haven't flown it.
Finally I snuck out for 30mins. even standing in 2" of flood water couldn't wipe the smile of my face :D

Its a really nice, very well behaved kite with a lot of 'feel'.
The winds have been gusting into the 'teens I was very impressed with how nice it is in stronger winds right up to the point where it shook a bit it, it was manageable and didn't pull as hard as I expected.
It is surprisingly trickable but it doesn't hand them out for free, however the deep turtle is very nice :thumbup:

Cant wait for better weather (and less flood water :) )

Ian

Allen Carter
alt. name: kitehead

Re: At last...

Post by Allen Carter »

Cool!

Yeah, one of the reasons I feel the Tsuru is a really comfortable, relaxing kite to fly is it does not pull hard. I'm a big guy, and I've flown lots of large kites, but I also dont fly as much these days and I'm no spring chicken, so I dont have the muscle tone I used to when flying all the time. Sure, it pulls more than a little kite, but not as much as many big kites. It also is steady pull, not getting a lot harder in the middle of the window (the kite has a steady speed and pull).

ken mcneill
Site Admin
alt. name: kmac

Post by ken mcneill »

Allen Carter wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:28 pm
It also is steady pull, not getting a lot harder in the middle of the window (the kite has a steady speed and pull).
If you have a chance when the wind is up, give the lines to somebody else and watch it work from underneath. ;)

ken mcneill
Site Admin
alt. name: kmac

Post by ken mcneill »

inewham wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:10 am
Finally I snuck out for 30mins. even standing in 2" of flood water couldn't wipe the smile of my face :D
Good to have you back with us Ian! Glad you enjoyed your time with the Tsuru.

KiteJockey

Post by KiteJockey »

I enjoyed flying Ken's prototypes. I ordered one back near the end of the year as a present to myself. So far it hasn't been out of the bag. But soon I hope. I am already working on ordering my next two BMKs. Going for an M3 and an Ichiban or Reprise. That is when Ken and I get the color and pattern all worked out.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the Tsuru. It kind of took me back to earlier kites in my collection. It has a certain failure fill but with much more attention to detail. I huge wind range and can probably do a lot more than I am capable of doing with it at this point.

This kite should be a no brainer for anyone who enjoys elegant simplicity and master craftsmanship. :D