Pre-Order Info

jaybee

Pre-Order Info

Post by jaybee »

I've been checking the forum on a regular basis for info on the process after a pre-order has been made. When will all be revealed? Itching to play with the colorizer. It's been a long long time.

Jay

ken mcneill
Site Admin
alt. name: kmac

Re: Pre-Order Info

Post by ken mcneill »

jaybee wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:29 pm
I've been checking the forum on a regular basis for info on the process after a pre-order has been made. When will all be revealed? Itching to play with the colorizer. It's been a long long time.
Jay
Yes, it has been a while, Jay. Good to have you back!
I wrote on the pre-order pages that I would be in touch about the details and particulars after the Labor Day weekend. Since I'm not going to be on the road this weekend, I should be starting getting in touch a little early, probably Monday, the 7th.

I no longer publish a colorizer. I've become a little particular about the way my kites look. The whole custom order process is outlined on the custom orders page. The colorizer, I wrote about in my first blog post back in 2013.

Since the range of Icarex colors is so small, I'll normally ask for two colors, a primary and an accent. In most cases, the balance of the pattern will be filled out in greyscale colors - black, grays, and white. Give me a couple of days, and I'll write all of this up more clearly, with illustrations and arrows and stuff. In the meantime, I've attached a couple of images that will show patterns for the Tsūru, along with a handful of the Tsūru drawings I've done over the last couple of months. (click image to enlarge)
tsuru_patterns.png
tsuru_grp.jpg

jaybee

Re: Pre-Order Info

Post by jaybee »

Thanks for the info.

I figured that details such as the build queue and payment dates would be next week.

Even though I never came up with a color scheme without your input, I still enjoyed the colorizer.

Hopefully purple will be an option.

Looking forward to this kite.

Jay