Guests - Welcome, thanks for checking us out, it's good to have you here! Please consider joining our little community by clicking on the 'register' link in the header. This will allow you to see attached images, join in the discussions, and take advantage of upcoming members-only features.

Power/Speed kite

This section is for general discussion and questions about kites, that are not model-specific.
BlueKarbonKrusher
alt. name: Tim

Power/Speed kite

Post by BlueKarbonKrusher »

Have you ever considered making a power/speed kite for say 18-35mph winds? It seems only HQ sells kites in the US for this market, and they seem to sell them out as fast as they come across the pond. I am sure there are other makers for the US, but I am unaware of them. The vented Mambas will fly at higher winds I understand, but due to the vents the power pull and speed are muted. I realize your current customer base may not prefer that type of flying, but I like the high winds with a power kite(dual line stunt) the best. Blue
PS The Mamba, which I fly below 18 has greatly opened up my interest in lighter wind flying.

ken mcneill
Site Admin
alt. name: kmac

Re: Power/Speed kite

Post by ken mcneill »

BlueKarbonKrusher wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:48 pm
Have you ever considered making a power/speed kite for say 18-35mph winds?...
...The Mamba, which I fly below 18 has greatly opened up my interest in lighter wind flying.
I've never done speed /power kites. I've never lived in a place where an excess of wind was common. I seem to remember a mention on Facebook that Flexifoil may be bringing back their 4 and 6 foot kites. both are great for speed, and can be stacked for power.

Glad you're liking your Mamba!